Celonis AI Group (CeloAI) is a newly formed organization within Celonis that is dedicated to developing state-of-the-art AI/ML (and broadly intelligent) technologies for Celonis products (e.g., the Execution Management System / EMS) and empower enterprises and institutions to make intelligent business decisions and achieve operational excellence. Our dual mission focuses on both the immediate term goals of designing and implementing advanced AI/ML product features and solutions for our customers and the long term goals of establishing competitive advantages of Celonis for execution management.
We are a global organization with presence in both Germany and the US. CeloAI US has its main presence in New York, NY but also remote presences across the US.
As a software engineer (machine learning), you are responsible for designing and developing product features and customer solutions, along with the underlying infrastructure, that are based on AI/ML approaches. You may interact closely with solution engineers, customer value architects, and execution management consultants within the Go-to-Market organization and product managers and software engineers within the product and engineering organization to build scalable and high quality AI/ML features and solutions for our customers.
You may also be responsible for designing and implementing new foundational technical components that will power the next generation of EMS and elevate the impact Celonis has on our customers. These components may span the areas of computer vision, natural language processing, data mining, recommendation, knowledge base, business intelligence, and other AI technologies.
The work you’ll do
- Deeply understand the business needs of Celonis customers, formulate the business needs into concrete technical problems, often AI related
- Determine which AI/ML approach, if any, is suited for the problem
- Design and develop scalable and high quality AI/ML models or otherwise intelligent approaches
- Design and implement scalable and robust data collection mechanisms
- Design and implement principled evaluation mechanisms
- Design and build robust and low latency infrastructure to serve the AI/ML models and meet the demands of Celonis customers
- Design and develop intelligent techniques to understand, represent, and integrate enterprise operational data (e.g., processes)
- Design and build APIs and infrastructure to serve such data at scale and with low latency
- Design and implement intelligent ways to ensure freshness and accuracy of such data across thousands of enterprise customers.
The qualifications you need
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent practical experience ((in Computer Science or related fields) with 3-5+ years of experience
- PhD degree (in Computer Science or related fields) with 1-3+ years of experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Identify with the Celonis value of customer first, passionate about solving real world customer problems with a focus on finding the right solution regardless of the nature of the solution
- Passionate about developing scalable and efficient AI/ML solutions
- Passionate about building high quality AI/ML solutions with clear and repeatable evaluation mechanisms
The base salary range below is for the role in the specified location, based on a Full Time Schedule.
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
The base salary range below is for the role in New York, based on a Full Time Schedule.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more)
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.