The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity.
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
E La Carte, Inc E La Carte, Inc. d.b.a. Presto in San Carlos, CA is seeking Sr.
Machine Learning Engineer to design, engineer, test, deploy and maintain machine
intelligence platforms and applications for real-world production use at scale.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least three (3) years of experience in any related position(s).
- In lieu of the above-stated primary education and experience requirements, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related IT or Engineering field of study plus at least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in any related position(s).
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency and knowledge with the following:
1. Signal processing, machine learning, deep learning, and speech technologies including at least one of the following: Keyword Spotting, Speech Recognition or Speaker Identification.
2. Programming languages including Java, C, C++ and Python.
3. Machine learning packages including Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pandas and Numpy.
No travel; no telecommunicating.
- Job Site: 985 Industrial Road, Suite 205 San Carlos, CA 94070
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
$183,310 - $200,000 a year
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $183,310 to 200,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all U.S. locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. At Presto, it is not typical for the individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case.
Presto is a publicompany (NASDAQ: PRST) and its compensation strategy aims to reward high performers and rein them for the long term. Other benefits to U.S.-based
employees include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program, and paid-time-off (PTO). To learn more, please visit: www.presto.com
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org