soona is looking for a senior. machine learning engineer who will assume the primary responsibility of embedding our various machine learning models related to decision science, computer vision, and logistics optimization into robust production systems accessed by our internal stakeholders and external customers alike. you will work closely with our data scientists and engineers to build and maintain these products and services. to be successful in this role, you will understand the general methods of training machine learning models, how to serialize and deploy those models, and how to leverage the necessary architecture (e.g. Kubernetes and GPUs) to make model inference performant for the consumers’ needs.
this is a full time position that will report directly to the senior director of data science.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
soona is currently supporting a US remote work environment for this role with opportunity for a flex hybrid work environment within our operating cities--Denver and Minneapolis, if that’s your thing.
about tech at soona:
our hiring philosophy:
at soona, we look for representation across all intersectionalities of identities, specifically within underrepresented groups. it is these differences that push us towards innovation, curiosity, and success in our business. we believe in providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by laws or regulations in the locations we operate. this means that timelines of processes may be impacted, depending on our applicant pools.
an ideal candidate can:
- deploy machine learning models into production services and environments
- build architecture required to efficiently operate our data science services (including computer vision, analytics, and optimization systems)
- create and maintain telemetry/observability systems to monitor app performance
- think for themselves and discover new and insightful ways to solve difficult problems
- deliver quality code in an agile framework that ships to a production environment
- communicate with data and engineering teams as well as business stakeholders
has experience in:
- effectively communicating and coding in a remote work environment
- python – the core language of the data organization
- data science, data engineering, or backend engineering, specifically in building data science products and services in a production environment
- aws or equivalent cloud environment
- leveraging GPUs/CUDA vis-à-vis pytorch (or similar)
- kubernetes, docker, flask/fastAPI (or similar)
- infrastructure-as-code tooling like terraform (preferred)
- designing and building machine learning models (preferred)
- sql, dbt – our data layer platform (preferred)
- looker, segment, airbyte (preferred)
- working in a startup environment (preferred)
we can offer:
- starting salary: $170,000 - $200,000
- stock options in a booming startup
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + intentional culture
- really badass headshots