Workrise is the network that powers the energy industry. By making it easier, faster, and safer to do business in energy, we are accelerating the pace of growth and innovation, and empowering the industry to do more - both for society and for the planet - than ever before.
Workrise is hiring a Senior Data Analyst to support the execution of the data analytics roadmap to improve the company wide availability, speed, and quality of data and analysis. This position owns the lifecycle of projects and data through partnership with internal and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to, data infrastructure, data governance, dashboards, etc. The Senior Data Analyst serves as a subject matter expert for others in the business.
Why Join us? Our Analytics team at Workrise sits within Product & Engineering, driving company level decision-making and operations strategy through objective analysis. Our key partners are company level executives, core functions on the business side and analytics engineering. We are responsible for providing accurate, reliable and accessible business metrics as well as contextualizing operational performance through advanced analysis.
What you'll be doing:
Scalability and Quality of Solutions:
- Build data visualizations and analysis in mediums including, but not limited to, Tableau dashboards, python notebooks, and repeatable shareable analysis
- Identify and share data insights around the observations found from data exploration and analysis
- Create recommendations and next steps based on the analysis for changes the business, product or other teams request
- Collaborate with product, data, and engineering teams to establish scalable data infrastructure and data governance
- Create and iterate on reporting dashboards and modeling through a data visualization software, ensuring the right data and insights to cascade to the team(s)
Business Trends and Mentoring:
- Stays up to date on current and emerging industry trends and best practices in the marketplace, especially in data analysis trends, methods and processes
- Makes recommendations to management regarding programs, processes, etc.
- Provides support and mentors others on the team, sharing insights, knowledge, and experience
- Serves as a subject matter expert for business partners across the organization
Roadmap Support, Project Management and Documentation:
- Partner with stakeholders to support the analytics roadmap to improve the company wide availability, speed, and quality of data and analysis
- Own projects from start to finish, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to understand business challenges
- Works with the Analytics and Data Engineering tims to help inform of end user requirements and transformations needed to help solve business problems
- Documents processes and standards other analyst can easily use and emulate
- Work with Data and Analytics leadership to identify and resolve problem areas and opportunities for improvement
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of years of proven experience in business analytics, business intelligence or comparable role
- Expert proficiency in SQL/Python with a proven ability to aggregate, gather and manipulate data
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with large and disparate data sets, including data collection processes, data analysis, and writing reports on findings of the research
- Significant experience with creating & presenting management dashboards and reports in data visualization/business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Hex, etc.)
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective presentations tailored to specific audiences at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking with keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture"
- Comfort in a dynamic, fast-moving, Agile, and matrix work environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban development methodologies
- Experience with utilizing code repositories (ie. github)
- Contributions to building data pipelines
- Exposure to advanced analytics techniques, ie. machine learning
Essential Job Functions:
- Regular, on-time attendance
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, copier and telephone
- Ability to use office computer programs such as e-mail, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Constantly remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Ability to manipulate office equipment such as a computer, copier and telephone
Salary Range: $112,000 - $125,000. Actual salary for this role will be based on several factors such as: work experience, education, skillset, achievements, and will be mutually agreed upon.
More than a job:
Workrise is uniquely positioned to make an impact on the energy transition, which is arguably the biggest challenge of our generation. Our clients are leading the charge. Through innovation and advancement in technology, we are creating solutions to help the industry do more today and meet the demands of this global challenge tomorrow. This is what we think about every day when we come to work.
We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters your growth. We use data to drive our decisions and improve the experience of the workers and clients we serve. With mutual respect for each other, we continually collaborate to find the best solution.
We support you with:
Talented peers who can help bring out your best & the opportunity to significantly impact the lives of skilled laborers.
For eligible roles:
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company matching contribution
- Flexible remote work support where applicable
- Professional development budget
- Wellness allowance
- Vacation stipend
- Learning opportunities through Udemy
- Financial planning support
- Parental leave
- Opportunity to earn bonus, commission, and/or equity
Workrise is committed to providing an environment where all people feel belonging, mutual respect, and the freedom to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team.
Who we are:
What began as a workforce management platform for Oil & Gas has since grown to serve the biggest companies in energy across both workforce and vendor management, absorbing much of the supply chain complexity these energy companies face and making it easier, faster, and safer to get work done. To date, Workrise has raised over $750M in funding from Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Bedrock Capital, Brookfield, and Baillie Gifford, along with others, and will continue to use these investments for strategic growth.
We’d love to share more through the interview process and look forward to learning more about your journey.