Are you excited about getting in on the ground floor of a startup company poised to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery? At Kimia Therapeutics we are building a next generation drug discovery engine by combining high-throughput chemistry and screening with state-of-the-art computational approaches to accelerate the discovery of novel drugs. We are seeking passionate drug hunters to help build the future of drug discovery and create breakthroughs for challenging targets implicated in cancer and immune disorders. At Kimia we look for collaborative teammates who are motivated by our mission and would like to play an impactful role in the growth and success of an emerging pharmaceutical company.
We are seeking an experienced leader and self-starter who is motivated to build state-of-the-art machine learning and data science capabilities to accelerate and automate our high-throughput SAR platform. As a scientific and technical leader, you will collaborate with experimentalists, computational chemists, and machine learning engineers to design and build scalable ML infrastructure to drive drug discovery.
- Develop and evaluate SOTA ML algorithms for high-throughput drug discovery
- Integrate active learning approaches with our high-throughput SAR platform to design experiments that explore and exploit chemical space to discover best in class molecules
- Design and build production level data pipelines and infrastructure to automate data ingestion, model training, model selection and inference
- Collaborate with experimentalists to prospectively validate ML model improvements
- Evaluate the applicability of ML advances to Kimia’s high-throughput platform
Experience and Skills
- PhD in the field of machine learning, computer science with 5+ years of experience; or BS/MS in the field of machine learning, computer science with 10+ years of experience
- Strong track record of building scalable production level ML pipelines
- Expertise in Python and standard ML tools and packages (scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Familiarity with medicinal chemistry concepts and cheminformatics toolkits (RDKit, OEChem, Chemaxon)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and embrace collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
$165,000 - $210,000 a year
The anticipated salary range for this position is $165,000 to $190,000 for Principal Scientist and $175,000 to $210,000 for Senior Principal Scientist. The final salary will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
On top of base salary, we offer comprehensive benefits, bonus, and equity. If this range doesn't match your expectations, please still apply because we may have another opportunity for you.
We offer a vibrant startup environment where every member of the Kimia team plays an important role in shaping our science and our culture. Kimia offers competitive pay, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. Kimia is proud to be equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for employment.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Kimia. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, or serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.