Lambda's GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda's on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you'd like to build the world's best deep learning cloud, join us.
What You’ll Do
- Architecting and implementing a scalable system for developing and deploying ML models
- Establish and sustain a scalable data sourcing and hosting solution
- Have demonstrated ability to create infrastructure, tooling, and data systems that facilitate rapid turnarounds for ML research teams
- Are proficient in using large-scale GPU fleets
- Are experienced in using tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, Postgres, and Cosmos DB
- Have solid experience in working with ML models
- Have a good intuition for when off-the-shelf solutions will work, and build tools quickly if they won’t
Nice to Have
- Proven experience in building large ML systems from scratch
- Passionate about engineering and researching the latest techniques in the realm of deep learning and foundation models
- Proven experience in improving and adding novel capability into existing ML models (e.g. first-author publications or significant contributions to well-known projects in the machine learning field)
- Proven experience in building open-source projects or products that have been widely adopted by users
- Systems for developing and serving applications of Large Language Models (LLMs)
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 115, and growing fast
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $200,000-$260,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.