Utilidata is a fast-growing energy technology company that is digitizing the grid-edge to unleash the full potential of clean energy. Our industry-leading software solutions create visibility to the edge of the grid and optimize grid operations. We are leveraging our proven expertise to build new solutions that leverage real-time data and AI to integrate more clean energy and support an electrified transportation system.
This role will be responsible for developing the next set of algorithms that leverage NVIDIA GPU capabilities for our IoT platform, the smart grid chip. We are looking for candidates who have a mix of skills, can think critically and creatively about problems that do not have straightforward solutions, and are curious.
- Skillfully create solutions using various data sources by leveraging statistics, algorithms, machine learning, subject-matter expertise, and critical thinking
- Collaborate with software development team to take algorithms from prototype to production
- Write well-organized code and documentation supporting algorithms/analyses developed
- Develop scripts to clean, filter, and merge large amounts of data in an efficient manner
- 4+ years of relevant experience with machine learning and data processing algorithms
- 2+ years of relevant experience with NVIDIA GPUs (CUDA, CuPy) for IoT applications
- Proficient in Python
- Ability to process data and present approaches and outcomes graphically
- Be curious and have a desire to learn
Enhanced Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Understanding of the physics, mathematics, and economics governing the operation of the electric power system
- Experience with any kind of distributed energy resource project (solar, electric vehicles, batteries, etc.)
- Driven to make an impact on the automation/optimization/decarbonization of the electric grid
Salary Range: $135,000 - $165,000 depending on experience
Utilidata values the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are committed to:
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is welcoming, supportive, affirming and respectful
- Empowering employees to solve problems and work together to make a difference
- Providing mentorship and growth opportunities as part of a collaborative team
- A flexible work environment with flexible paid time off
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, and employer-match 401k