AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 40 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deploy and build systems that enable machine learning and artificial intelligence product solutions
- Work cross-functionally to ensure data scientists have access to clean, reliable, and secure data, the backbone for new algorithmic product features
- Build, deploy, and orchestrate large-scale batch and stream data pipelines to transform and move data to/from our data warehouse and third-party systems
- Deliver scalable, testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Investigate, test-for, monitor, and alert on inconsistencies in our data, data systems, or processing costs
- Create tools to improve data and model discoverability and documentation
- Ensure data collection and storage adheres to GDPR and other privacy and legal compliance requirements
- Uphold best data-quality standards and practices, promoting such knowledge throughout the organization
- Expertise in Python for data cleansing, transformation, modeling, etc.
- Professional experience in transforming machine-learning prototypes into solutions that scale with real-world constraints and deploying them into production
- Proficiency with SQL and experience working with high volume datasets in SQL-based warehouses such as BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, or others
- Experience with parallelized data processing frameworks such as Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Google Dataflow, AWS Glue, etc.
- Deep understanding of data modeling, access, storage, caching, replication, and optimization techniques
- Ability to orchestrate data pipelines through tools such as Apache Airflow
- Experienced in container orchestration (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and CI/CD
- Monitoring and metrics-gathering (e.g. Datadog, NewRelic, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Proficiency with git and working on a shared codebase
- Excellent documentation skills
- Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Passion for the outdoors
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Experience working with machine learning development frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, or related frameworks
- Experience with machine learning workflow management frameworks such as MLFlow, KubeFlow, SageMaker, Neptune, or related frameworks
- Experience with GPU-optimized data processing (i.e. CUDA)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform
- Experience with ELT tools such as dbt or Dataform
What We Offer:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible parental leave.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscriptions and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
$140,000 - $180,000 a year
A successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on various factors such as skills, experience, training and credentials, as well as other business purposes or needs. It is not typical for a candidate to be hired at or near the top of the range of their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the factors and circumstances of each case.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.